[INTERNSHIP] THE OFFICE OF THE UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR HUMAN RIGHTS (OHCHR)
Department/Office: Human Rights Council
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Internship Period: Dec 2019~Feb 2020 (2 months+)
- Must be a Korean citizen
- Currently enrolled in Korea University GSIS
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme. However, specialized experience in human rights related fields is an asset.
- Qualified to travel overseas
- • Assistance in drafting and preparing various documents, including presentations, and written documents
- • Providing logistic and substantive support for the organization of events and meetings, produce meetings summaries, assist in follow-up and implementation of tasks
- • Providing general office support (processing, drafting and finalizing correspondence and other communications; setting up and maintaining files/records, organizing meetings, etc.)
- • All other tasks as assigned
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- A completed application (Cover Letter and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The Cover Letter must include: 1) Education background, 2) Explain your interest in human rights issues, 3) Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship
- Potential candidates will be contacted directly for further consideration.
* Scholarship will be granted
* Final decision on the intern selection will be made by OHCHR.
Send the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Sep 20, 2019.
For any inquiries please contact International Human Rights Center (02-3290-2927, email@example.com)