Job + Internship Opportunities
Application Deadline: January 12, 2020
The WeGO Secretariat is currently seeking candidates for one (1) Program & Research Intern.
The World Smart Sustainable Cities Organization (WeGO) is an international association of city and other local governments, smart tech solutions providers, and national and regional institutions committed to the transformation of cities into smart sustainable cities.
WeGO’s Secretariat is based in Seoul, Korea, with regional offices in East Asia (Chengdu, China), Eurasia (Ulyanovsk, Russia), the Mediterranean (Beyoğlu, Turkey), and Latin America (Mexico City, Mexico).
WeGO has 190+ members around the world and serves as their international platform to improve the quality of life, innovate in the delivery of public services, and strengthen regional competitiveness.
- Assist in the organizing and running of programs, annual workshops, and other events related to smart sustainable cities for local governments, corporations, and institutions
- Conduct research on smart city-related topics, including projects and other relevant fields
- Support WeGO activities and the management of members
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s degree (current) in relevant field
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Google Office Suite)
- Strong research and business writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and teamwork
- Attention to detail, commitment, and interest in smart sustainable cities and ICT
- Knowledge and understanding of WeGO and its mission
- Work experience in the area of smart sustainable cities and ICT or at international organizations, in government, or at research institutions
- Experience with research and/or organization of events
- Fluency in additional languages
- Start Date: Tuesday January 28, 2020
- Duty Station: WeGO Secretariat, 7F Seoul Global Center, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Term: 6 months, 4 days/week
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 10:00-18:00
- Language: English
*The internship duration may be renegotiated based on the needs of the applicant.
- Salary: Approx. KRW 1,200,000/month (including insurance, pension, and weekly holiday allowance)
- Application Form
- Resume and Cover Letter (with recent photo)
- Recent scores on internationally recognized English proficiency tests (TOEIC, etc.)
Please download the application form from WeGO’s website (http://we-gov.org/careers/) and submit it along with all necessary documents to email@example.com with the subject “Application for Program & Research Internship” by the deadline.
Selected candidates will pass interviews on Thursday January 16.
For inquiries, please contact:
Program Officer Alizée Rousset (firstname.lastname@example.org | 02-720-2931)