Job + Internship Opportunities
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow
Division: DPRK Strategic Research Center
Department: Office of the President
Position reports to: Dr. Chan Young Bang, President & Principal Investigator
Job Purpose Summary: The DPRK Strategic Research center is seeking a part-time individual to assist the Senior Research Fellows of the DPRK Strategic Research Center with their scholarly work. Remuneration will include a 100% tuition waiver and a monthly stipend.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Transcribing and translating Korean texts into English
- Collecting and/or analyzing data
- Conducting interviews and/or observations
- Collaborating in preparing publications
- Library/archive searches
- Other research activities as needed
- Fluency in Korean (native) and English (excellent)
- Recent or near completion of a Ph.D. in a social science discipline from a western-style institution of higher education
- Considerable experience in a research environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of competency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Degree discipline with a focus on Northeast Asia
- Interest in North Korean studies
- Interest in Russian Studies or Central Asian Studies
The position is temporary for 9 months ( S2020, Summer semesters 2020 or S2020 and F2020 semesters).
The starting date is January 2020.
Deadline for applications is till October 19, 2019 (inclusive). Please send your CV, cover letter and any relevant docs, referees’ name list with contact details in English only.
The review of applications is October 20-November 1, 2019
The Skype or personal interviews from Nov 2-10, 2019
The approval for hiring by November 15-20, 2019
An offer should be made by November 25, 2019
The collection all required docs for employment is by December 15.
If you have any questions please let me know your questions via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone number +7 727 270 42 32, Aigerim Makenova, HR Officer