[KU-KIEP-SBS EU CENTRE] RESEARCH PAPER COMPETITION ON EU STUDIES
KU-KIEP-SBS EU센터 대학(원)생 EU논문공모전
The KU-KIEP-SBS EU Centre is an education and research institution sponsored by European Commission.Korea University, together with two consortium partners – Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP) and SBS – launched the Centre in May 2014.The KU-KIEP-SBS EU Centre is hosting 『The Third KU-KIEP-SBS EU Centre Research Paper Competition on EU Studies』. This contest is held to motivate the interest on Europe and expand its human resource base for research on EU. We look forward to your participation.
- All undergraduate/graduate students who are interested in EU research are eligible(including students on leaves of absence and international students studying in Korea).
- Application form: Individual research (one person) or collaborative research (team of 3 or less)
2. Research Topic
- Empirical analyses on the European integration, main policies of the EU and EU member states’ economy, politics, social problems, etc.
- Creative policy suggestions and resolutions for improving the EU-Korea cooperation
3. Documents for Submission (*Download Attachments)
1) Research Paper (including Abstract) 2) Proof of Enrollment (or Proof of Leave of Absence) 3) Photocopy of ID 4) *Application 5) *Recommendation Letter
- *Research Paper Details
∙ Language: Korean or English
∙ Length: A4 up to 30 pages (in Korean) or 20 pages (in English) excluding Abstract and References Font Size 12, 160% (Hangul)/1.5 Line (MS Word) Paragraph Spacing
∙ File Format: Hangul (HWP) for Korean and MS Word (DOCX) for English
∙ Abstract: A4 less than 2 pages (for Korean) and 1 page (for English). Write down the keywords at the bottom of the page.
4. Submission Guidelines
-Submit the following documents via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as attachments by March 31, 2017.
※ 1) Research Paper (HWP or DOCX) and 2)-5) Documents (PDF)
- For inquiries, please contact KU-KIEP-SBS EU Centre (02-3290-5322, email@example.com) or visit
KU-KIEP- SBS EU Centre Homepage (http://www.ku-kiep-sbs.org).
- Announcement of Prize-winning Paper: April 2017 (Specific Date Pending)
※ Individual notification and KU-KIEP-SBS EU Centre Homepage
- Awards Ceremony: April 2017 (Specific Date Pending)
※ The schedule above could change.
∘First Prize : 1 Team, Certificate and Cash Prize 3 Million KRW
∘Second Prize : 1 Team, Certificate and Cash Prize 2 Million KRW
∘Third Prize : 1 Team, Certificate and Cash Prize 1 Million KRW
※ 4.4% of taxes and the public utilities’ charge.
※ If there are no award-worthy papers, prizes may not be awarded.
- A student may submit no more than one paper to the competition.
- Paper submitted to other contests or printed in other publications such as academic journals (collected papers) are NOT to be submitted.
- Submitted papers will not be returned and the copyright of the winning papers belong to the KU-KIEP-SBS EU Centre.
- Must specify the source when referring to books or dissertations (Plagiarism will invalidate the prize even after the award ceremony).
- Must NOT submit ‘read-only’ files when submitting the research paper inquiry.