Dear friends and colleagues,
This is a call for abstract submission for the 3rd Nanyang Graduate Student Colloquium, which will be held at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore on February 17, 2017. The deadline for abstract submission is extended to January 15, 2017. We would like to invite all of you to come and share your research with us. Young scholars and research students from both Singapore and overseas are welcomed.
About the Theme of “Constructing Asian Identity”
For around 30 years since the end of the Cold War, the attention to Asia’s role in globalization has never waned. Facing new challenges and potential turbulence in the development of globalization in 2016, people are asking: how Asia will respond, as both a giant economic powerhouse and an evolving civilizational entity, and how Asia defines itself in this context. A need emerges to review Asia’s progress in science, technology, environment and sustainable development and to reflect Asia’s psyche, ideological transformation and historical implications. Collecting insights from Singapore-based graduates in humanities and social sciences as well as graduates from regional countries, the HSS-Graduate Student Committee is honored to hold the Nanyang Graduate Student Colloquium for the third time with the theme of “Constructing Asian Identity”.
- Join graduate students and faculty across different disciplines and universities in Asia
- Share your research and gain more insights from cross-disciplinary perspectives
- Participate in interdisciplinary and intervarsity discussion with faculty and graduate students
- Build your academic network
- Win “Best Presentation Award”: 5 awards worth S$200 each and opportunity to publish with Asian Journal of Public Affairs
All Asian-related topics across different disciplines are welcome. Panels include:
- Asian History: National Past and Contemporary Implications
- Understanding the Asian Mind: Culture, Brain and Cognition
- Narratives and Poetry in Asian Literature
- Asian Philosophy, Thoughts and Culture
- Economic Integration, Policy, and Governance in Asia
Please submit your abstract no later than January 15, 2017, via this link:
If you cannot access the submission link, please e-mail your submission to email@example.com (include name, affiliation, email, presentation title, abstract of 300 words and below, and preferred sub-theme panel)
More information can be found from the website: http://gschssntu.wixsite.com/nycolloquium2017
About the Organizers
This colloquium is organized by HSS Graduate Students Committee, in collaboration with HSS Global Asia Cluster and Humanities, Science, and Society Cluster of Nanyang Technological University, and Association for Public Affairs of National University of Singapore.
We would really appreciate it if you could help us circulate this invitation to your colleagues and students. We look forward to seeing you on the beautiful campus of Nanyang Technological University!